[Winpcap-users] PROMISCUOUS Mode

Eduardo Escudero Sánchez edu.kungfu at gmail.com
Tue Aug 1 07:44:48 GMT 2006

The consequences are that you wont receive packets not addressed to your
computer. This means that you will only receive packets with the destination
address set to the MAC address of your network card. If you put the card in
promiscuous mode then it will accept also the packets travelling on your
LAN.