[Winpcap-users] How to open two interfaces simultaneously

ahsan askari ahsanaskari at gmail.com
Fri Aug 4 18:59:30 GMT 2006

 Hi I have traced the problem. Actually I am using Libnet for sending
packets which uses winpcap in the background to open the interfaces. I have
observed very bizzare behaviour. When I tried to open the interface from a
child thread the call to
"pcap_findalldevs_ex<http://www.winpcap.org/docs/docs40a1/html/group__wpcapfunc.html#ga55>"
didn't return. But when I called this funtion from main thread it started
working fine. I don't know what was the reason but it is working fine from
main thread.
Anyways thanks you Gianluca.
Ahsan