[Winpcap-users] Using Packet.dll in an 'not-admin' session

Eduardo Escudero Sánchez edu.kungfu at gmail.com
Sat Aug 5 18:53:26 GMT 2006

Hi i have developed an application in C# which uses Packet.dll to capture
and send packets using an adapter.
The problem is that i want to use that application in a session without
admin privileges.
I have posted before a message on this topic and someone told me that the
only thing i had to do was run a command sc config npf start= auto and
that's all.
But the thruth is that this is not enough. When i start running my project
and PacketGetAdapterNames is called my program throws an exception telling
me that i haven't enough permissions.
Can someone tell me please how can i use Packet.dll API without admin
privileges? thanks.