[Winpcap-users] pcap_findalldevs Hangs when called in Windows service

Thomas O'Hare Tom at RedTile.Com
Fri Aug 11 13:45:33 GMT 2006

Richard

OK, excuse the blatant ignorance of my question, but I am just curious.

Since pcap_findalldevs_ex(), IMO, is very seldom called, why are you
using sub-threads?

IOW, one call and you have your list and then can use that list for a
determinant period of time.  If changes occur you can just call the
function again manually.

If you can enlighten me I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
~ Thomas O'Hare ~
President, RedTile, Inc. - DBA: RedTile Software
Web, Wireless, Network, Database & Systems Software
+1.407.295.9148 ; +49.8651.717950 ; http://www.RedTile.Com/
Operations Manager; Virtual FoxPro User Group
Tom at VFUG.Org ; http://www.VFUG.Org/