[Winpcap-users] TCP/IP stack - reinventing the wheel

Thomas O'Hare Tom at RedTile.Com
Tue Aug 15 16:29:56 GMT 2006

Mark

A question first.

When you did your DLL did you create your own functions?  If so, did you
put them into a type of library to define them?  If so, what type of
library and what else can you share on this.  My biggest problem is my
own functions to be exported for use by "other" programs.  IOW, I need
to write functions to simplify a lot of what goes on in WinPCap so the
higher language (with less inherent power) can more easily process data.

Maybe an Answer:

Not really, but it is worth mentioning.

Can you set up a subnet mask to filter the IP addresses you want
monitored?  It is usually much easier at some point in your code to
define a subnet if possible as a filter then process the IP's that are
filtered.

Thanks,
~ Thomas O'Hare ~
President, RedTile, Inc. - DBA: RedTile Software
Web, Wireless, Network, Database & Systems Software
+1.407.295.9148 ; +49.8651.717950 ; http://www.RedTile.Com/
Operations Manager; Virtual FoxPro User Group
Tom at VFUG.Org ; http://www.VFUG.Org/