[Winpcap-users] How to use pcap_setsampling.

Steve Beaudoin steve.a.beaudoin at gmail.com
Thu Aug 24 22:50:31 GMT 2006

Hi,

            I am trying the pcap_setsampling function in a C# program.  The
exported function of WinPCap have the following signature :

struct pcap_samp
<http://www.winpcap.org/docs/docs31/html/structpcap__samp.html> *
pcap_setsampling (  pcap_t
<http://www.winpcap.org/docs/docs31/html/group__wpcap__def.html#ga2>  *  p
)

I am supposed to give the sampling method (a value between 0 and 2) and a
value (for the sampling method 1 and 2).  Where should I put my values?  I
am not a master of C++, but what I understand from the signature is that the
function will return a pointer to a structure and I should put my values
there?

Sorry, if it is more a C++ question than a WinPCap question.