[Winpcap-users] ANNOUNCE: WinPcap 4.0 beta3 has been released
gianluca.varenni at cacetech.com
Wed Dec 6 18:21:35 GMT 2006
WinPcap 4.0 beta3 is available as of today in the download section of
the WinPcap website, http://www.winpcap.org/install/ .
This new release includes some major cleanup to the code base of
packet.dll aimed at having more stable and easily maintainable code.
It also includes a more coherent use of the tracing macros, as well as
some bug fixes related to AirPcap support and the use of WinPcap in
conjunction with some VPN clients.
Moreover, starting from this release, the support for Windows 95/98/ME
has been dropped.
Full details can be found in the changelog attached at the end of this
Being a beta release, as usual we encourage people to test it and
report any anomaly or strange behavior to the WinPcap mailing lists.
The final release of WinPcap 4.0 is expected to be available by the
end of January 2007.
- Removed support for Windows 9x/ME. Sources still available.
- Enabled the generation of PDB files for the release build, too.
- Raised the compilation warning level to /W4 for packet.dll and
wanpacket.dll. Fixed a large amount of warnings.
- Added some initial support for the NpfIm capture engine into
packet.dll. Such support is still disabled at compilation time.
- Rewritten the packet.dll debugging code completely to make use of
the new TRACE_xxx macros.
- Moved all the code managing strings to the strsafe.h ones
- Refreshed the Vista build configuration of packet.dll. Now we fully
support AirPcap adapters and the IP Helper API on Vista x86.
- Added support for AirPcapWrite() into packet.dll, i.e. support for
transmission with AirPcap adapters.
- Minor cleanup in the scripts to build the developer's pack.
- Bug fixing:
+ Added a check for bogus return values from NdisRequest() (Query).
The Nortel Contivity VPN Client V04_65.18 has a bug in the driver
by which a request for OID_GEN_LINK_SPEED pretends to have written
a buffer larger than the one passed as input
(BytesWritten > InputBufferLength).
+ Fixed a bug where, in certain scenarios, the AirPcap adapter
entries in the adapter list were duplicated.
+ Fixed some memory leaks in packet.dll when dealing with AirPcap
+ Fixed several ancillary packet.dll APIs that were crashing if used
with AirPcap adapters.
+ PacketSetReadTimeout() was returning failure in case of AirPcap
+ Fixed a couple of bugs in the UserLevelBridge sample.
+ Added a missing return value check in the tcptop sample.
+ Fixed a dependency problem in the wpcap.dll project.
+ Fixed some minor errors and typos in the documentation.
More information about the Winpcap-users