[Winpcap-users] Start and Terminate WinPcap manually

Ullrich, Michael (ext) michael.ullrich.ext at siemens.com
Sat Feb 18 15:08:15 GMT 2006

Hello,

can anyone tell me how to install the winpcap modules manually. I have
an windows application, using packet-detection based on WinPcap, that
should be distributed without an installationprogram - so I cannot run
the WinPcap installer.
This application is using the winpcap library for detecting
networkpackets. The dll`s wpcap.dll, packet.dll, pthreadvc.dll are
distibuted with the application. I want to know how I can activate the
winpcap service from my application - detect packets - and
deactivate/unlod the winpcap service when my application ends.

Thanks

Mike