[Winpcap-users] Win32 gui programs

Ramiro Polla ramiro86 at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 24 19:16:18 GMT 2006

Hello,

What is the best method to listen on interfaces on win32?
Using threads for pcap_loop? Using pcap_next_ex in the main message loop?

I'm currently using pcap_next_ex in the main message loop, but on heavy loaded networks, it takes a really long time for the packets to get processed.
Also, do packets get dropped if they take too long to be processed?

I want to be able to process all packets as soon as possible, without losing responsiveness in the gui.

Thanks,
Bye,
Ramiro Polla