[Winpcap-users] Windump problem - I don't see ANYTHING

Gianluca Varenni gianluca.varenni at cacetech.com
Mon Feb 27 05:29:24 GMT 2006

Just a quick addendum to the wireless problem: it's not only a matter of
(un)supported network cards (being them wireless or wired). It's also a
matter of network card drivers. Some cards are supported (and by supported I
mean that they work in promiscuous mode) with any version of their drivers,
some others work only with some particular versions of their drivers (and
maybe on some Windows flavors, only).

Back to your problem, I would try to capture in non-promiscuous mode
("windump -p") and see what happens. If you capture packets, your wireless
network card probably does not work in promiscuous mode...