[Winpcap-users] Buffer/CPU Usage problem

Ioan Popescu ipopescu at dataq.com
Thu Jul 6 13:55:10 GMT 2006

I finally have the hardware to be able to give you guys some real numbers
regarding my previous "problem" concerning increasing amounts of CPU usage
with increasing buffer size. I let the test run for about a minute before
taking the average CPU usage. Another interesting thing I didn't notice
before, the CPU usage is at about 9% when "idling", but connected to the
active transmitting station.

Bandwidth usage: 43% of 100Base-TX connection.

MinToCopy: 60 bytes

Kernel & User Buffer (KB)	Total CPU Usage (%)
		100		18
		200		22
		300		29
		400		36