R: [Winpcap-users] Administrator privileges in order to use winpcap?

Bryan Kadzban bryan at kadzban.is-a-geek.net
Fri Jun 9 16:45:34 GMT 2006

On Fri, Jun 09, 2006 at 02:22:28PM +0200, Davide Schiera wrote:
> you can also try to run from a prompt the command "net start npf"
> (or launch a script that execute this command).

But that will only start the driver/service for the current boot.  It
won't set it to start automatically.  (Also, you need to be a local
administrator to run this, so it doesn't really fix the problem.)

The way to set the startup mode is with sc.exe, as in my last email.
Or, use device manager.

(Actually, thinking a bit more, I found a bug in my sc command lines.
They should be "sc config <service> start= automatic", not boot.  Boot
is way too early.)