[Winpcap-users] why WinPcap is not capturing packets form mywireless PC card - Thanks Gianluca

vimal raj vimal.raj at cranessoftware.com
Tue Jun 27 13:43:59 GMT 2006

Hi GV,

Thanks GV, I followed your instructions and it worked.

In WinPcap documentation it is given that the #define
PCAP_OPENFLAG_PROMISCUOUS of
<http://winpcap.mirror.ethereal.com/301a/docs/remote-ext_8h-source.html>
remote-ext.h  is deciding our device should be in promiscuous mode or not.
But in my application in pcap_open_live () when I gave 0 and DISABLED
PROMISCOUS MODE,  my program run and I got output.

Your reply says that while using WinPcap our application should disable
promiscuous mode. But most network sniffers work in promiscuous mode only.
So I am confused with this. Please clarify

Thanks in advance,

vimal

  _____