[Winpcap-users] ..plz.. this is a newbie question..HEL(P) me!#..

Gianluca Varenni gianluca.varenni at cacetech.com
Sun Mar 5 19:16:46 GMT 2006

Uhm,

I don't know if I understood your message completely.

There's no such Ethereal 2.8 that I know of (the latest version is 0.10.14).

In order to compile a winpcap/libpcap based application, you should NOT copy pcap.h into your some other folder, just point the compiler to use another folder for the include files (with VisualC and GCC it's option /I and -I).

Moreover, consider that the .lib files that we provide in the developer's pack (and that are needed to link a winpcap based application) are for MS visual studio and gcc, I don't know if they are compatible with TC (and I think you mean "Borland Turbo C" by TC).

Hope it helps