[Winpcap-users] Cannot get npf to start

Mike Sutliff old531 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 12 21:39:48 GMT 2006

I apologize for that - I did misname it. It's actually 'Generic Packet
Classifier'.
The Gpc service. It shows up on other PC's that run Ethereal.

NPF.sys is in the \windows\system32\drivers directory. It's version: 3.1.0.27
The registry entry also shows the correct path.
I will gather the bug report info and send it off.

A side note: a few weeks ago, I had a bad virus. I finally had it removed after
about 10+ hours of scanning. I'm now looking at a possible rootkit infestation.

Thanks for your input.