[Winpcap-users] Stop getting packets

Guy Harris guy at alum.mit.edu
Wed May 24 19:16:18 GMT 2006

On May 24, 2006, at 1:57 AM, Pelles, Noam wrote:

> You are right, I get only broadcasts. I am connected through a blade
> into a IBM pass thru copper switch.

Then perhaps the switch is only passing broadcast/multicast traffic,
and unicast traffic directed toward your network adapter, to your
switch port.  It might start out working OK, but stop working after
some amount of time.

If you have some non-WinPcap-based traffic capture tool (Sniffer,
EtherPeek, etc.), you might try running it on the blade server and
see what happens.