[Winpcap-users] problem compiling winpcap example

Tran Thanh Dinh dinh107 at yahoo.com
Fri May 26 14:46:22 GMT 2006

  Hi,

    I installed winpcap and downloaded the developer package. In order to run the examples given in developer package, I use Borland compiler (bcc32). I followed the instruction to add the linker to the lib and include. But I still dont succeed to compile the examples; and get error:
  pcap.h: unable to open include file 'sys/time.h'
  pcap-bpf.h: , expected
  ...., etc

    I checked the pcap.h file and actually in this one there's:
  #if defined(win32)
  #elif defined(MSDOS)
  #else /*UNIX*/
  #include <sys/types.h>
  #include <sys/time.h>
  #endif

    I am not running on a Unix, why did I have error with "sys/time.h" please?

    Thanks for your help,
    Best regards,

  Dinh