[Winpcap-users] how can I compile static libs for using pcap in my project?

Annie W. werty____ at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 6 23:35:20 GMT 2006

Im not happy with your response. I wont pay for any open source project.
There have to be a way to compile static libs from the current version of
winpcap.

anyone else have advice for compiling static libs?

WinPcap is not just some DLLs. It includes (among other things) a kernel
driver that cannot be transformed to a static library.

So even if you transform the user level DLLs to static libraries, you will
always need to install the kernel capture driver.

If you are interested in a way to incorporate WinPcap within your
application without the hassle of an installer, you can have a look at
WinPcap Pro (formerly known as OEM WinPcap),
http://www.cacetech.com/products/oem-winpcap.htm.