[Winpcap-users] Re: how to get libpcap to use a larger socket buffer

Loris Degioanni loris.degioanni at cacetech.com
Sat Nov 18 17:17:51 GMT 2006

WinPcap doesn't have any socket related to the capture instance. Having
the packet capture stack exported as a socket is a linux convention.
WinPcap, like most OSes, uses a BPF style capture architecture.

Use pcap_setbuff()

http://www.winpcap.org/docs/docs40b2/html/group__wpcapfunc.html#ga48

to change the size of the kernel capture buffer.

Loris