AW: [Winpcap-users] winpcap device list "emtpy"

Michael Marschalkowski grinch at itg-em.de
Wed Nov 29 07:53:26 GMT 2006

No, first I did a reinstall of 3.1, changed nothing. Then I installed 4.0b2,
the name of the generic dialup adapter changed, but still no other devices
listed.
I don't get any error messages, neither on installation or deinstallation
nor when I run my program or WinDump, they just don't list the devices.

I've just checked the antivirus log, but no virus found since installation
(4 months ago). ATM winpcap3.1 is installed and a very deep virus scan is
running with logging set to high, but this could take a while ;)
AntiVirus Software installed is VirusScan Enterprise 8.0.0 (McAfee).

Is there any registry value or something that pcap checks to filter the
device list?

Greets
Michael