[Winpcap-users] BSOD

Gianluca Varenni gianluca.varenni at cacetech.com
Thu Nov 30 16:49:11 GMT 2006

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Souvik Ghosh
  To: winpcap-users at winpcap.org
  Sent: Wednesday, November 29, 2006 10:50 PM
  Subject: [Winpcap-users] BSOD

  Hi,

  This is Souvik, I am using WinPcap and Packet.dll in my application to send IOCTL to my NDIS driver. I am currently using version 3.1. But it causes BSOD in case of removal of the Adapter.

This is a known bug in WinPcap 3.1, that has been fixed in one of the first alphas or betas or WinPcap 4.0.

  I thought version 4.2 beta will solve the problem So i installed it. But in that case PacketOpenAdapter() fails to open the adapter. Now please let me know what should I do. I need to remove the BSOD problem.

I think you are referring to WinPcap 4.0beta2. Can you please file a bug as explained here:

http://www.winpcap.org/bugs.htm

  Thanks in advance

  Souvik