[Winpcap-users] Windows CE

Gianluca Varenni gianluca.varenni at cacetech.com
Fri Apr 27 21:34:26 GMT 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ioan Popescu" <ipopescu at dataq.com>
To: "WinPCap-Users" <winpcap-users at winpcap.org>
Sent: Thursday, April 26, 2007 7:22 AM
Subject: [Winpcap-users] Windows CE

> MS documentation states that Windows CE NDIS is a close subset of Windows
> NT
> NDIS 4 (small differences).
>
> Link:
> https://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/wce/maintain/ndis.mspx
>
> A quick look at the source of packetNTx/driver, I noticed it can work with
> either NDIS 3 or 5.
>
> Is it possible to get at least the WinPCap driver running under Windows CE
> without too many changes? Is there a big difference between NDIS 3 and 4?
>
> Would the WinPCap DLL have any trouble running in Windows CE?

Uhm, although NDIS should be similar, I think the compilation and
installation would be completely different. I never worked on CE, so I
cannot tell you much more than this. Also, consider that we have a version
of WinPcap for CE (not maintained by us and rather old) on the WinPcap site,

http://www.winpcap.org/install/default.htm (bottom of the page)

Hope it helps