[Winpcap-users] Re: Capture packet from one interface, send to another interface

Ian Basham ianb at proconex.com
Fri Aug 10 20:36:45 GMT 2007

On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 14:21:33 -0400, Uli Muhammad Aulia <uli at el02itb.org>
wrote:

> On 8/11/07, Gianluca Varenni <gianluca.varenni at cacetech.com> wrote:
>>

>> It's a linking problem, not a compile problem. Did you add wpcap.lib in
>> the libraries for you project? What compiler are you using? Which
>> version of
>> WinPcap?
>>

> Ah, yes. a linking problem.
> yup, I already add wpcap.lib for the project.
> already built some simple programs using winpcap and they worked. just
> this
> one time it didn't.
> I'm using Visual C++ 6 and WinPcap 4.0.1.
>
> still can't solve this problem.
>

> Regards,
>
> Uli

I am also using VC++ 6 and WinPcap 4. Maybe you can compare / contrast
with my setup...

- Go to Project Settings.
- make sure that you are looking at "All configurations"
- go to the "Link" tab
- choose the "General" Category
- make sure wpcap.lib is in the list of "Object / Library modules"
- choose the "Input" Category
- again, make sure wpcap.lib is in the list of "Object / Library modules"

N.B. - I'm not sure why wpcap.lib is in both the General and Input
Categories, but if I remove either, I get linkage errors.

Hope this helps.

--
Ian Basham
Proconex Consultants, Inc.