[Winpcap-users] Capturing wlan packets

Ziara . essence_z at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 19 12:31:19 GMT 2007

Hello, it's possible capturing wlan packets with winpcap? I have research some information, and say that: "WinPcap is able to see an Ethernet emulation and not the real transiting packets: this means that the 802.11 frames are transformed into fake Ethernet frames before being captured, and that control frames are not received"

and... how I can capturing with this method? And, I find a page http://www.micro-logix.com/WinPcap/Supported.asp where list the devices wlan that work with airsnare it's means that work with my application with winpcap too?

Are there some specific documentation to capturing wlan packets with winpcap?

regards and thanks.