[Winpcap-users] Problem in pcap_findalldevs

Gianluca Varenni gianluca.varenni at cacetech.com
Wed Feb 28 03:04:01 GMT 2007

So you are saying that if you run ethereal/wireshark side by side with your app, wireshark shows all the adapters, while your app doesnt. Right?

Which version of WinPcap are you using? Please make sure that your app folder does not contain any local copy of the winpcap dlls, in particular packet.dll. If that doesn't work, try to put the debug version of packet.dll (available at http://www.winpcap.org/bugs.htm) in your application running folder, and send the generated winpcap_debug.txt logfile to the winpcap-bugs mailing list. Please be careful to choose the right version of packet.dll for your platform and WinPcap version.