[Winpcap-users] Covert Installation

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Tue Jan 23 17:57:52 GMT 2007

matthew wollenweber wrote:
> I've seen WinPcap installed without the GUI previously, however I no
> longer have access to that process. So, I know it is (or at least was)
> possible.
>
> Also, I want the flexibility of the standard driver and dll. It's hard
> enough getting implants to work correctly. Adding a licencing
> requirement and dealing with a 3rd party adds extra complexity that I'd
> like to avoid.

For what it's worth, it has worked out well for me.  One up-front fee for the
library, then it just works from there on.  Customers/users do not need to know
or care that winpcap is being used.

If you want to go the free way, you can hack an installer (similar to the way
ethereal at least used to work) to call the winpcap installer, so to the customer,
it is similar to having a bundled unit.)

Ben

Ben Greear <greearb at candelatech.com>