[Winpcap-users] Sniff TCP packets, manipulate their data and send them to another PC

Gianluca Varenni gianluca.varenni at cacetech.com
Thu Jun 14 16:40:00 GMT 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: <ceo at triplebit.com>
To: <winpcap-users at winpcap.org>
Sent: Tuesday, June 05, 2007 7:33 AM
Subject: [Winpcap-users] Sniff TCP packets,manipulate their data and send
them to another PC

> Hi all,
> I'd like to sniff the interface card, save some tcp packets, manipulate
> their data and send the data in a second connection that I opened to a
> second PC.
> Is that possible with Winpcap?

It's certainly feasible to do that. But it's not that easy. Are you trying
to build some sort of transparent proxy?
Who creates the second TCP connection?

> If positive , is there some example of code that is close to what I need?

The WinPcap developer's pack contains a sample that shows how to bridge
packets between two network interfaces. There's nothing more than that.

> Is there some tool that already does that?

It depends on what you are trying to do exactly. Who creates and terminates
the TCP connections? Are you trying to mirror some traffic?