[Winpcap-users] Problem in pcap_findalldevs

Renato Araújo Ferreira marina.peixe at terra.com.br
Fri Mar 2 01:00:37 GMT 2007

Gianluca,

I found the real problem. It was happening because I'm using COINIT_MULTITHREADED in my OLEDB implementation class that I´m using to access MSSQL using it's native client (CLSID_SQLNCLI), and because I prefer to build my own concurrency model. When I change this parameter of CoInitializeEx all the interfaces are shown. And wasnt happening before because I tested the winpcap functions before to build the MSSQL access.

The objects hidden by this problem is basicaly dialup and vpn interfaces. Which is the real problem to get dialup interfaces when COM is initialized with COINIT_MULTITHREADED???

I'm a bit unhappy because I read in MSND that COINIT_MULTITHREADED is the faster in a multithreaded implementation.

thanks,

Renato