[Winpcap-users] (no subject)

Dennis Colligan dfc19542004 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 2 18:38:55 GMT 2007

I don't think a high timestamp precision is that important to us. I am trying to clear out any extra packet processing time in the machine caused by polling on interface, application processing, CPU timestamp efficiencies, etc. I am trying to isolate the jitter calculation in wireshark to be as clean as possible w/o effect by these extraneous processes. If I am sure that we have the most efficient platform possible, minimize other processes, and cosnsistemtly use this machine for the evaluation, then we can apply our quality rating based on this. If we drop packets or display jitter on the statistics/rtp window then we can pass/fail based on these observations.  Thanks,
  Dennis