[Winpcap-users] Winpcap on Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet

ffalca at coord3.com ffalca at coord3.com
Fri Mar 9 17:02:05 GMT 2007

Hello,

we have similar problems from the beginning we started to use Winpcap
(2001...)

Some of these problems have been fixed after version 3.1 (that permits
Unicode standard for the adapter's name format, before that no chance to
see just the adapter's name on the list...)

By the way: the Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit, Winpcap 4.0, (adapter opened
directly by Winpcap or by packet.dll) doesn't works. We checked the tx'd
packets with Ethereal, using 2 PC's connected together with a LAN cable:
no chance to go over the device-driver. The packets sent by PC n.1 were
not received from the PC n.2

Also for us is a big issue...

Regards,

Fabrizio (IT)