[Winpcap-users] Winpcap on Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet

DSP sjthomas2 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 21:32:35 GMT 2007

Hello,
I have a program that uses Winpcap (wpcap.dll) for downloading the
image onto a custom board.

This program works great with the 10/100 Ethernet modules.

When I try to run on a laptop that has the Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit
Ethernet card, the program doesn't run at all.

I got a 10/100 Ethernet Cardbus adapter and plugged into the same
laptop. The program works fine in this setup.

This obviously looks like it didn't like the Gigabit ethernet module.

Can anyone shed some light if you had similar problem? Any workarounds, if any?

Thanks for your response.