[Winpcap-users] Strangest thing ever !!! Captures only TCP 3-wayhandshake negotiation and not any data ?!? Solution FOUND !!

Free Prefix free.prefix at gmail.com
Sun May 6 10:02:39 GMT 2007

Gianluca you are the man ! You gave me the right thinking path to go
through and after a research I have found a solution !!! :)
The solution is to disable the new "Chimney" capabilities
established by Microsoft and some hardware vendors, reference:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/912222

Follow these steps:

Edit the registry and set:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\EnableTCPChimney
to 0
Restart the machine and there you go.

Hope this will help some people.

-fp