[Winpcap-users] pcap_lookupdev

Goran Štrok goran.strok at uni-mb.si
Thu May 10 05:51:33 GMT 2007

I have one problem. In my computer (win 2000 NT) function pcap_lookupdev() works fine. It returns device name like this: \ . On the other computer (win ?) it does not work good. Function return error. In the other computer is istaled winpcap 3.1 and ethereal but in mine winpcap 4 and wireshark. Is possible of difference on working function pcap_lookupdev in winpcap version 3.1 and 4? And my second question is, why this function returns \? Why it does not return the name of internet device???
Thanks for help.