[Winpcap-users] Re: Winpcap-users Digest, Vol 26, Issue 8

Hardik Shah hardik_nt at yahoo.com
Fri May 11 09:30:45 GMT 2007

Yeah thats the correct reason.I too faced this problem and the only reason i seen is this.

My guess would be the fact your trouble is coming from the fact that the
packet is going out over the wireless interface.  The NIC driver does
encapsulation and de-encapsulation between standard ethernet framing,
and 802.11 framing.  It's just a guess, but the wireless driver is
ignoring your 'invalid' MAC address when encapsulating packets between
Ethernet_II and 802.11 framing.

I know of no API which would allow you to directly craft 802.11 packets.

---
Steighton Haley                          shaley at mcafee.com
Software Engineer

"Why do nerds confuse Halloween and Christmas?  Because OCT31=DEC25"

_

      Office firewalls, cyber cafes, college labs, don't allow you to download CHAT? Click here: http://in.messenger.yahoo.com/webmessengerpromo.php