[Winpcap-users] HTTP forwarding

ceo at triplebit.com ceo at triplebit.com
Mon May 21 09:04:14 GMT 2007

Hi all,
I'm new in networking and hope my question is resonable...
I have some theoritical question-
Suppose I have an HTTP stream client that is pulling video stream packets (like Windows Media Player) from its server. I want to program some tool that runs concurently, capturing the packets (with the aid of some library, like Winpcap), leaving the original unchanged and reconstruct the duplicated packets with new data(like relevant address) to simultae a server himself. As a server simulator it should forward the packets to a new Windows Media Player(that would point his URL to my program).

Does it make sense?
If positive, does it have a professional name, better than HTTP forwarding?
Is there an on the shelfe tool that does that?
Is ther some refernce to that?

Thanks in advance for any refernce.

Izack