[Winpcap-users] 64-bit compilation for user level DLLs

Gianluca Varenni gianluca.varenni at cacetech.com
Fri May 25 19:08:53 GMT 2007

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Gogu Melcu
  To: winpcap-users
  Sent: Wednesday, May 16, 2007 9:15 AM
  Subject: [Winpcap-users] 64-bit compilation for user level DLLs

  Hello, winpcap-users

  I want to create a 64-bit packet capture application using Winpcap. My problem is that the user level DLLs (packet.dll and wpcap.dll) are for 32bit platform. WinPcap 4.0 Developer's Pack contains libraries only for 32bit platform. I try to compile user level DLLs for x64 platform, but I can't do that because of __asm directive used in Packet.DLL project (wpcap project is linked with Packet.lib).
  Is any chance to have user level DLLs for x64 platform?

At the moment we don't have x64 user level DLLs because there was not much request for that. Wrt the _asm directives, they come for wanpacket.dll (a dependency of packet.dll for some build configurations). If you want to try recompiling packet.dll for x64, I suggest you to use the "Win32 Release Vista" and "Win32 Debug Vista" build configurations and exclude the dependency over wanpacket.dll, as the vista build of packet.dll does not depend on wanpacket.dll.

  Gogu Melcu, melcug at gmail.com
  16-05-2007