[Winpcap-users] The other host terminated the connection.

David Schüler admin at schueler.homeip.net
Mon Oct 8 12:22:31 GMT 2007

Hello!

I'm using rpcapd on a Gentoo Box and Wireshark on a Windows machine.
After unpacking WpcapSrc_4_0_1.zip I have compiled rpcapd by running
make in the winpcap/wpcap/libpcap/rpcapd directory. all comiled fine but
when i run ./rpcapd -n and try to connect from my wireshark using
"prcap://[remote.ip.add.ress]/eth0" it says that i have to check my
settings and on the linux side the rpcapd says:

rpcapd # ./rpcapd -n
Press CTRL + C to stop the server...
bind(): Address already in use (code 98)

I'm exiting from the child loop
The other host terminated the connection.
Child terminated

Whats going wrong here?
I googled around but nothing helps :(

Any suggestions?