[Winpcap-users] Modifying WinPcap to handle USB

Varuna De Silva varunax at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 09:53:12 GMT 2007

Hi all,

We are doing our final year project on designing a SS7 protocol analyzer,
for this we port raw protocol packets through the USB bus, Now we want to
convert these packets in to the pcap format to be understood by the
WireShark
Software.

In order to do this (As I understand ) We have to by pass the network device

interface system provided by WinPcap architecture.

( At the moment we have a custom driver, which does the usb communication
and we need not worry about it. They have given an API to get the packets
(raw data)
on a block basis. ) What we want is to convert these packets to a pcap
format with
a DLT header. ...And we want to do it on windows.

Are we able to do this? Guide us to a good starting point for this..Please!

We appreciate your support very much.

Best regards

Xavier