[Winpcap-users] Re: Problems with compiling WinPcap

Gianluca Varenni gianluca.varenni at cacetech.com
Tue Sep 11 11:57:35 GMT 2007

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Varuna De Silva
  To: winpcap-users at winpcap.org
  Sent: Tuesday, September 11, 2007 4:07 AM
  Subject: [Winpcap-users] Re: Problems with compiling WinPcap

  Hi,

  I downloaded the AirPcap development package, and added the airpcap.h
  file in to the Common Folder. But I was not able to add the airpcap.lib to
  anywhere as I dont know exactly where I should add it

Well, the airpcap developer's pack should be put untouched in parallel with the winpcap sources directory, like this

|- winpcap
|- Airpcap_devpack

I admit that the winpcap documentation with regards to the compilation of wpcap.dll is a bit outdated...

  Next I compiled packet.dll in packetNTx folder of the Winpcap development
  package.

  Next I changed the configuration Type to Debug Remote

  and I build it. Build Succeeded................

  But with few warnings, as below

  Warning    1    warning LNK4044: unrecognized option '/WARN:0'; ignored    wpcap
  Warning    2    warning LNK4075: ignoring '/INCREMENTAL' due to '/FORCE' specification    wpcap
  Warning    3    warning LNK4017: DESCRIPTION statement not supported for the target platform; ignored    d:\WinPcap\winpcap\wpcap\PRJ\Wpcap_no_extensions.def    3
  Warning    4    warning LNK4044: unrecognized option '/WARN:0'; ignored    wpcap
  Warning    5    warning LNK4075: ignoring '/INCREMENTAL' due to '/FORCE' specification    wpcap
  Warning    6    warning LNK4017: DESCRIPTION statement not supported for the target platform; ignored    d:\WinPcap\winpcap\wpcap\PRJ\Wpcap_no_extensions.def    3

  Next I changed the configuration type to Debug

  It was the same.

  Hope these warnings dont matter much...If they matter please let me know.

They come from the fact that you imported the VC6 project into VS2005. They are harmless.

  Thanks Varenni for your help

  Xavier