[Winpcap-users] Re: Problems with compiling WinPcap

Varuna De Silva varunax at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 11:07:44 GMT 2007

Hi,

I downloaded the AirPcap development package, and added the airpcap.h
file in to the Common Folder. But I was not able to add the airpcap.lib to
anywhere as I dont know exactly where I should add it

Next I compiled packet.dll in packetNTx folder of the Winpcap development
package.

Next I changed the configuration Type to Debug Remote

and I build it. Build Succeeded................

But with few warnings, as below

Warning    1    warning LNK4044: unrecognized option '/WARN:0'; ignored
wpcap
Warning    2    warning LNK4075: ignoring '/INCREMENTAL' due to '/FORCE'
specification    wpcap
Warning    3    warning LNK4017: DESCRIPTION statement not supported for the
target platform; ignored
d:\WinPcap\winpcap\wpcap\PRJ\Wpcap_no_extensions.def    3
Warning    4    warning LNK4044: unrecognized option '/WARN:0'; ignored
wpcap
Warning    5    warning LNK4075: ignoring '/INCREMENTAL' due to '/FORCE'
specification    wpcap
Warning    6    warning LNK4017: DESCRIPTION statement not supported for the
target platform; ignored
d:\WinPcap\winpcap\wpcap\PRJ\Wpcap_no_extensions.def    3

Next I changed the configuration type to Debug

It was the same.

Hope these warnings dont matter much...If they matter please let me know.

Thanks Varenni for your help

Xavier