[Winpcap-users] Retriving the data from UDP packet

Umesh Chandra Sahoo USahoo at ixiacom.com
Sat Sep 22 07:15:41 GMT 2007

Hi Prashanth.

Till now I worked on IPV4 and TCP. What I found it works fine. I think
for ur case there might be two reasons.

1.	you might fetching the wrong thing for the data. Do one thing
check thoroughly that u r bypassing the UDP header propelr or not. Just
be aware that u r not doing anything wrong in the data bytes calculation
of UDP header.
2.	It might be possible that from which pcap file you are reading
that packets may not contain any data. So do one thing open that file in
ethereal and there u can check whether those packets have any data or
not.

If these two cant solve ur problem then let me know. I will try recheck
myself for UDP in my set up.

Regards

Umesh