[Winpcap-users] can not get any captured package when apply a filter

Bryan Kadzban bryan at kadzban.is-a-geek.net
Mon Aug 4 17:25:51 GMT 2008

On Mon, Aug 04, 2008 at 06:41:24AM -0700, Lin George wrote:
> WinDump host www.google.com

Use an IP address instead (since that's what I'm going to assume that
windump does when you give it a DNS name).

Even better, use a private IP address, so you're not resolving this name
twice and getting different IP addresses back.

(Unless that's not the problem, but windump by itself has *no* idea what
hostname any particular network traffic is sent to, so I'm assuming it
turns the name you use into an IP address.  I know Google has multiple
public IP addresses, and each time you ask for it, you get a different
one.)