[Winpcap-users] Problem with install on other PCs

Ray Jaramillo raj at mcscontrols.com
Fri Aug 15 13:56:13 GMT 2008

So I used Jpcap and Winpcap to allow my program to list the network
interfaces,
let the user choose one, then send and recieve UDP messages . Works
great on my computer with Jpcap and Winpcap installed on it. I have
included jpcap.dll and jpcap.jar,wpcap.dll,packet.dll,wanpacket.dll,
npptools.dll in the install program and put them in the correct folder
upon install( I think). ANd still I cannot get jpcap to list the
network interfaces at all on any computer I install my program on
other than my own.

final jpcap.NetworkInterface[] devices = JpcapCaptor.getDeviceList();

after this code run on another computer    devices == null  (I included a
label that changes text to tell me this)

I don't know which file I am not including in my install program but
this is driving me crazy, I don't know why it works on my computer but
not any i install it on and I am at the end of ideas to find the file/
files I am missing in the install program. The files I have after
install are the same as the files the
other PCs get on install so it has to be a file I installed to get
Jpcap and Winpcap to work with my dev kit.
But they were both self installing .exes and I then moved some files
around to match my javax package install.
Anybody got any Ideas??

Ray

Ray A. Jaramillo
Software Engineer