[Winpcap-users] VMware question.

Raymond Jender rayj00 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 11 14:47:57 GMT 2008

For penetration testing purposes, I use VMware on a
linux laptop. The host OS is Ubuntu and the guest OS
VM is Windows XP. There are a lot of tools available
on both OS's, so that is why I prefer this method.

My question is: Running Wireshark on the host and
guest simultaneously, is there a way that I can see
ALL packets on both WireSharks? What I mean is if I am
running NMAP from the Linux OS, is there a way to see
the NMAP traffic on the VM guest Wireshark? And visa
versa if I run NMAP on the VM guest OS, can I see the
traffic on the host Wireshark?

TIA,

Ray