[Winpcap-users] Why Winpcap is not wokring with Cisco Switch?

Jais.T.Mathew jais.t.mathew at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 05:45:56 GMT 2008

Hi,

I developed an application that using Winpcap 4.0.1 to capture the
packet which coming from a mirrored port or a network HUB. My
application is using pcap APIs.

The application is working fine with network Hub... but is not working
with switch. I Tested in WinXP sp2 and W2k Pro . The Networking cards
are from  RealTalk and Intel.

I found the ethereal is working fine in the same machine .also I found
the packetyzer (another sniffer app which uses winpcap) is not
working.

Can anyone give some input on this problem? Should I do anything in
the network driver configuration?

Thanks
Jais.