[Winpcap-users] WireShark with VirusBuster losts outgoing packet

Gianluca Varenni gianluca.varenni at cacetech.com
Tue Jan 29 19:42:05 GMT 2008

I have never tried Virus Buster, but I'd bet they use some sort of ndis hook
driver that bypasses the standard Windows networking stack, thus preventing
WinPcap from properly capturing packets when such driver is running. If
that's the case, there is no fix to the problem, as they use a non-standard
approach to filter packets for virus scanning.

The only way to understand what's going on would be to attach a remote
kernel debugger on the machine and see what's going on in the networking
stack.