[Winpcap-users] Ping works only when ethereal is ON

Sunil sunil.d at redpinesignals.com
Tue Jul 8 05:36:08 GMT 2008

Hi,
Thanks for the mail.
The issue was something to do with the build environment with which the
driver was compiled in the WINDOWS environment.We have changed the build
environment(built with a working one) and we could see ICMP echoes when
the PROMISCUOUS mode is turned OFF.
We did not go in to the details of build environment.
Regards,
Sunil