[Winpcap-users] winpcap and McAfee

Richard Horton richard.horton at solstans.co.uk
Fri Jun 13 20:12:59 GMT 2008

 Victor Ginzburg wrote:
> Has anyone experienced problems with running winpcap on systems with
> McAfee antivirus installed, specifically blue screens?

We use McAfee at work and also make very heavy and extensive use of
both Wireshark + winpcap - no problems with either coexisting on our
systems.

Can you provide more info regarding the BSOD - might not help if its
the usual daft message but may help shed some light on the situation.

Also how repeatable is the crash? If its repeatable then disable
McAfee and test-  just remember to reenable your AV afterwards.

--
Richard Horton
Users are like a virus: Each causing a thousand tiny crises until the