[Winpcap-users] winpcap and McAfee

Victor Ginzburg vginzburg at gmail.com
Thu Jun 19 18:40:56 GMT 2008

Hi Gianluca,

I've uploaded the crash dump from the customer Memery_victor.rar. I'm
not sure at all that the crash is related to winpcap, although it
happened consistently when our appplication exited. The system had
McAfee 8.0 EWnterprise edition installed.

I have another question: That system cannot start network sniffing
(message in Event Viewer from Kernel) and winpcap cannot be
initialized from our application either. Our application is a service.
What could be possible reasons of it? Som McAfee or firewall setting
maybe?

Thanks,
-Victor