[Winpcap-users] Newbie facing problem in setting filter while running pf.exe

Cristina Ruxandra Ionescu fullmoon_2011 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 13 08:46:24 GMT 2008

Hello everyone,

  I have managed to solve my problem the last time you helped me, but now I have stmbled accross another one. I have Winpcap installed on my computer the same time as Wireshark (ex Ethereal). I work in Visual C++ Express 2008 and whn I compile my small sniffer which uses pcap_open (and pcap_next and pcap_sendpacket, but they are fine for now ), I am left with one warning

>>...warning C4013: 'pcap_open' undefined; assuming extern returning int

I have had other silly warnings like scanf for a while telling me to define #define _CRT_SECURE_NO_DEPRECATE, because of C compiler changes I believe, but this warning , I do not know how to get rid of...can you help me?

thanks in advance,

Cri